Music - General > Lucero Albums

Women & Work

<< < (21/23) > >>

macallan1:
So after finally having a while to listen to the whole CD through a few times I figured I would jump into this discussion even though I'm pretty sure everybody else has moved on by now.  First and foremost, holy shit I think it's phenomenal!  I know I would make for one awful ass music critic because after I was done listening to it on a drive last weekend my only real comment was "Dammit, that was fun!"  Not exactly eloquent but that was the only thing I was thinking, that and I wanted to listen to it again.

--- Quote from: connis1234 on March 14, 2012, 05:23:45 PM ---I don't think I will bother with any song off women and work, except maybe "I can't stand to leave you".

--- End quote ---

As for the debate about about changing/evolving/maturing, whatever you want to call it, as someone whose favorite record is still the Attic Tapes, I can understand why somebody would think/feel that way but when something is that damn good of a time to listen to then I just don't see why it matters. 

And (why I picked out the sentence above) am I the only one who thinks that, even though it's a good song, "I can't stand to leave you" feels out of place on this album?  It just left me feeling a little disjointed from what led into and came after that song, didn't seem to fit.

muddymiss:
i feel like the band has matured in their thoughts/relationships as well as musically. i can identify with that after listening for so many years. a song like "i can't stand to leave you" will still be my favorite type on their new albums because i always identify with the broken heart. but, as i am growing and maturing i really appreciate songs like "juniper" and "go easy". yet, because of how i began listening to lucero in 03, those sad songs always catch me. ben just has a way of drawing you in. so with that said, i can understand why someone who relies on those broken hearted songs to get them through the next record and years of their lives, may feel betrayed on a more upbeat and changing album. fortunately for me, i am at a point of upward growth instead of introspective sulk (believe me i've been there and still visit the place).
with all of that noted, i was wondering if anyone had the lyrics to the new album. there are always a few words that are a bit difficult to make out and i ordered from itunes so i don't know if any lyrics are posted in the cd book. happy listening and go easy friends...

stucky:
The lyrics are in the CD booklet. Expect them to hit the lyrics sites soon enough.

ih8music:
Speaking of lyrics - I had to look up "forlornly" because that looked so wrong when written down... but  sure enough, it's a real word. ;D

Scott:

--- Quote from: ih8music on March 23, 2012, 07:22:48 AM ---Speaking of lyrics - I had to look up "forlornly" because that looked so wrong when written down... but  sure enough, it's a real word. ;D

--- End quote ---

Yeah, that one had me stumped for quite a while.  Who the fuck uses the word forlornly in a song???  That's just crazy....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version